11/06/2011

CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE


Ok, I'm writing. No, not on this blog... which obviously, I am. I mean WRITING, writing. As in using a Word.doc and spell check and Thesaurus.com.

November is National Novel Writing Month (or NaNoWriMo for short? I know, just go with it). You can find more hype on Twitter, just search hashtag #NaNoWriMo

Basically, it's an annual writers event that encourages, supports and motivates people or writers, or both, to tackle a novel. Big goal. This annual events offers the goal of writing 1667 words a day for a total of 30 days. At the end, you'll have written over 50K words in your very own NOVEL!

Whether or not it's worth reading is another story (pun totally intended) but it's a major accomplishment regardless. How many people do you know can say they've written a book?

Check in with me on November 30th to see if I can be one of them...

PS - I just jumped on the bandwagon today, day 6, and knocked out 2,004 words on an expectation of 10K. I have a little catching up to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment