9/30/2011

COLOR ME

I love color. I'm an artistic creative sort who can't walk through a store without touching things for texture and who spends time analyzing scarlet red against brick red. It's one of my quirks. I kind of like it.

Recently, I had my house painted which totally turned this place on it's head. The exterior matches the vision of "Home" I have in my head and is actually starting to make the rooms come alive and make sense in this 1990-something development home. (Think cookie cutter new-builds... puke.)

As I am embracing Fall as a time to purge and refresh with the anticipation of hours and days spent indoors against our will, I'm again contemplating color. I have a guest bath that needs serious updating. My kitchen is in limbo and I try to figure out the right color to go with the yet-unpainted cabinets (which will be white, natch).

I'm rethinking window coverings and looking for shades and drapes that make me feel inspired versus meerly shut in.

It's a big job, for sure, but someone has got to do it. And it just so happens that I am up for the challenge. Now if only I could get the rest of my inhabitants on board...

...And someone has GOT to do something about the landscaping. Sheesh.




No comments:

Post a Comment